As a woman, Betsy knows that women's issues are matters of economic and social justice. She'll stand up to President Donald Trump and right-wing Republican attacks on women's healthcare. Congress is full of men who vote against funding for Planned Parenthood, denying millions of women a safe, free option for birth control, life-saving cancer screenings, and other critical healthcare tools. Betsy will strongly advocate for policies that put women on equal footing with our male counterparts and provide pathways to equality.
Betsy will work to:
- Champion legislation for equal pay for equal work
- Prioritize safety on college campuses
- Promote policies that allow for flexibility in the workplace including family leave and caring for children and elderly family members
- Protect a woman's right to make her own healthcare decisions and treat women's reproductive health with individual respect and without additional costs
- Strengthen sexual harassment and abuse policies across all employment sectors that put victims first and bring transparency to the reporting process