FARM AND RURAL ISSUES
Betsy's roots in the district go back generations. Her cousin still owns and operates the family farm in Niantic, Illinois where her grandmother grew up. Betsy appreciates the many challenges facing farmers and will advocate for policies that protect them. Betsy knows it's critical that small-business owners in rural areas have access to fast, reliable communication and internet services to allow them to compete in our changing economy.
Betsy will work to:
- Increase investments in modern, efficient waterways to help move products from Illinois
- Protect crop insurance to keep our farmers growing
- Connect rural communities to modern technology outlets through increased investments in broadband and wireless communications
- Expand funding for agricultural technology and business startups
- Maintain full funding of the Natural Resources Conservation Service to help farmers improve soil health, build resiliency and promote conservation of land and water